Saturday, December 1, 2007

Verbobala

It's kind of a physical embodiement of cross cultural dialogue.
Like that feeling you get when words don't accurately purvey meaning.
It's how two people who speak different languages can still understand eachother.
Like flashes of memories from someplace familiar but you can't figure out where or why.
It's like taking a large extremely powerful eraser to the border and rubbing it all out.
That's how it is.
They describe themselves as Spoken Video- a multimedia frenzy of words, images, sounds and above all, emotion.

Really, it's a project three young men have embarked on, truly cross-cultural art; trailblazers of a form of communication in an ever shrinking world, where things like borders (martial, political and/or linguistic) are slowly becoming obviously outdated. Moises Regla, Adam Cooper-Teran and Logan Phillips have definitely started something big here.
I had the pleasure of seeing a show before I left.

Of course, I had to miss the first half of it.
Regardless of my impeccible sense of timing, the bit that I saw demonstrated the artistic vision that these three men have for the world. If this is what the future of poetry is like, I'm in for the long haul.
I think I'm a big fan.

No comments: