Sunday, September 2, 2007

And briefly: Toronto International Poetry Slam

We all gathered in a stage space typically used for punk rock shows. Arriving outside the venue, it was already quite apparent that the scene we were about to participate in was different than the one I had been surrounded with in my previous two weeks in Toronto. But there we were, the Toronto International Poetry Slam. Participants from various cities across Canada and New York gathered, gave their 3 minutes and were rated. Cheers, boos, standing ovations. Names I recognized, others I didn’t, equally impressed.

I had the privelage of meeting a few people from other cities in Canada as well. I am throuroughly excited to travel to see them perform in their own scene, on their turf.

Sorry for the brevity. I'm exhausted.

No comments: