Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The thing about travel instincts

Is you always know when to follow them. It's the feeling that sneaks up on you at 2 in the morning. it starts with a bit of tingling in the feet, maybe itching in the legs. Then it feels like your heart has replaced your blood with soda water and you get bubbly all over throug your veins. It happened the other night. I woke up with a start. That's it. I have to leave.

I woke up the next morning feeling a bit strange. Its always a bit sad to know the end is near. I hate being somewhere and hearing about all the cool things that will be going on after I'm gone. But that's just it- no illusions: the world does not revolve around you or me or any one person in particular. It just keeps going. Things just keep happening. And then, on the other hand, I felt a bit elated. Like a weight of a decision had just been lifted. I knew what needed to be done. Now I just have to do it.

No comments: